From Ordinary to Extraordinary

From Ordinary to Extraordinary





I may be just an ordinary girl, but what does that even mean? Being ordinary according to the dictionary means to be someone with no special abilities or distinctive features. Well that just means that I am no one special right? Are you thinking what I am thinking? Well I guess that means I can't do anything important in life. Well that is wrong!! You can do anything you put your mind to. I mean that with all of my heart, I was there once but I took charge of my life and changed it.

I came from a family with a dad who is a high school drop out, neither parents made it through college and we lived a hard life. I was taught hard work and to life with what you have. For the longest time I thought I couldn't be anything in my life. I was just going to be who everyone else thought I could be. Which for most of us usually means more negative that positive. There are a lot of people who have great families that push them to aspire to higher things like the football star, a doctor or lawyer. You get the idea, we have all seen it in the movies or around us. But what about those of us that have been told that we can't do anything good in life, we are going to be just like our parents and why even try? I am just going to fall right? 

Well let me tell you with that kind of attitude around you, yes, you may just fall. But if you create a positive environment around yourself, you can go from just an ordinary person to someone extraordinary and amazing. You may be asking yourself how do we do that? The world we live in is sooooooo negative. Every where we look everyone is constantly telling us that we are not good enough. Just look at social media, you can be prettier, slimmer, with all these things you can do it, but without this product you are a failure at life. It is so damaging to anyone, strong confidence or little. It hurts me inside to look around and see so many people suffering from this. Because more than anyone else I understand.

I wanted to take my own life because it got so bad. I thought I could punish the world for this if I left they would miss me so bad they would change. The crazy thing was that I thought that I could punish a world that didn't really exist. How do you punish social media if they don't even know who you are. Around the time that I wanted to leave, a good friend of mine got to it first. My friend took her life in a hard way. It really stung, very hard when I watched the sorrow on her family's face at the funeral. Something in my heart changed that day, if I want to make a change in the world I need to do it in a positive way. People don't react very well in a negative push.

I also knew that all to well. People in my past thought that the best way to get someone to do what they wanted was to put them down, make them feel like nothing. Their thinking being, if I tear them down they will build themselves up. After so much tearing down a person starts to believe it. If you have experienced any of this, think to yourself how can you change the world? It is not through negativity, but through positivity.

From my negative life to a positive one was a hard journey, not an overnight change for sure. But don't let that discourage you. I went from that kind of background and now I want to let you know what kind of life I live now. 

Every time someone put me down or I put myself down I started to think five positive things about myself. This helped me see that I could do anything. I started to work, giving me the opportunity to travel through out the US to attend leadership conferences and helping me to get to know different people. I graduated from high school with honors and went to mexico to help build houses for those in needs. After that I went to live in Northern Spain for little over 19 months learning the proper Spanish and the culture. Returning home I am almost done with my first year of college, working and putting myself through school. I have started learning Brazilian Jui Jistu and American Sign Language. A lot of things that I have done are things that my family has never before tried or accomplished. 

Being the first at a lot of things I have looked a back on my life a realized that I can become something extraordinary. You may also be thinking that those accomplishments aren't that big of a deal but for me it was and is. So think about your life and past, what have you done with yourself are you happy with what you have done? Are you ok with just being ordinary? If no, then you need to think of what you would like to do with your life and do it! Like in a past article, "no one likes to be told they can't", you can do anything you put your mind to, not letting anyone put you down.

You can be successful in your life because you are in change of your own destiny. Be who you want to be, and strive to be successful. Go take that ballet class, go learn a foreign language, go back to college and strive to be the best you. Don't let anything get in your way of becoming extraordinary, because you can!

Written by-Just An Ordinary Girl...who is striving to become Extraordinary!!

If you have any stories or comments I would love to hear and share, if you would like to stay anonymous that is your choice. I would love to share your story of becoming extraordinary. Feel free to email me at- flowerfanatic_19@yahoo.com - Subject line: Just an Ordinary Girl-Story

Thank you











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strive to go from Ordinary to Extraordinary!!

Heading Out to War

Take that Challenge On!